Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Snowshoeing in the Washington Cascades


Last Saturday I went snowshoeing in the Cascade Mountains an hour outside of Seattle. We were treated to a gorgeous, sunny day. I took this photo of what I think is Snoqualmie mountain on the left. Hitting the trails on the weekend is my favorite hobby. After an initial investment in gear (backpack, hiking boots, etc.) it is a very affordable pastime. On this trip I spent $4 on a sandwich and snacks to stock my backpack for lunch and I spent $2.50 for a hot chocolate in the ski lodge at the end of the day. Not bad for a full day's entertainment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love Washington! Don't we live in the most beautiful place?! Saturday was fabulous! I hope you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.