Thursday, December 29, 2005

Has Anyone Heard of This Uber-Frugal Guy?

Last January my coworker read an article that inspired her to change the way she spent money. She does not recall where she saw this, so I'm reaching out to the blog-o-sphere to see if anyone has a link to the article. The article was about a guy who made a New Year's resolution to spend money only on bare necessities for one year. He would purchase clothing if what he already owned wore out during the year and could not be repaired. But all superfluous expenses were eliminated. It was an extreme example of frugal living, but I'm dying to get my hands on it to use it for inspiration. Hopefully somebody out there has a link to the article. Thanks!

2 comments:

SMB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AnnMarie said...

There's the book Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine. Not that I found it very inspiring, as you can see in my review at the bottom of the page at my blog http://am.paulukonisstudio.com/archives/312

Which, now that I read through it, you reviewed, too, LOL.

There are lots of folks doing the compact and similar things these days so there are tons of stories out there.