Friday, December 16, 2005

Hit but No Run

Earlier this week I parked my car in a pay lot downtown. When I returned to my car there was a note on my windshield from somebody who had dented my door when she pulled into the space beside me. I was so pleased that she had left a note. But I started to get concerned when she didn't return my phone call to discuss the dent. I became even more concerned when the estimate from the body shop came back at $995! My fears were allayed today when she called back and said she'd be happy to pay for the damages. The next step will be for me to actually receive a check from her that doesn't bounce. But I'm going to give her a chance, because she did the right thing by leaving a note.

Even if she doesn't pay, I'm going to have the car repaired - I can't stand driving around with a dent. I like to maintain my stuff. I'm hoping she won't want to involve the insurance companies, because I'll probably pay more in higher premiums than the cost of the repair. We'll see how this plays out.

No comments: