Friday, January 07, 2011

How Did I Make $60 in 45 Minutes?

Get your mind out of the gutter. This is legit. I participated in a focus group today at lunchtime. This is the third focus group that I have attended in the past year. I did a Google search with the terms: focus group seattle, and found about ten companies in this area that conduct focus groups. If they had a web site, I signed up online, but some didn't, so I just gave them a call and asked if I could be added to their database for study group participants. I now regularly receive calls from four companies. They ask screening questions to see if I am eligible for their current studies.

I hit the jackpot with my first focus group last year. It lasted two hours and paid $200! The group met at 6:00 P.M. and they even served us dinner. The second focus group also lasted two hours, and paid $100. They wanted use to give them home broadband advice about how to improve the service. I gave answers about bad customer service, and if you've ever had Comcast, you know what I'm talking about!

I've enjoyed each of the groups I've participated in. It's fun to have somebody asking your opinion and actually listen to your response. And the money doesn't hurt either!

No comments: