Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hit and Run Update: Determining Liability

Auto insurance companies are infuriating! Last month my car was parked in a lot and when I returned, I was treated to a large scrape and dent on one side (oh no!) and a note on the windshield from the offending driver (yay!). After a few weeks of unanswered phone calls, I finally connected with the driver who reported the incident to her insurance company (hurrah!). I was impressed when her insurance company called me at 8:00 a.m. on Monday morning to start the claim process. I have received a quote for the work and await scheduling of the repairs with the body shop that the insurance company selected for me.

Silly me, I thought everything thing was going smoothly. Today I received a call from the body shop saying they can't schedule my repairs until the insurance company determines liability for the accident. I wasn't even in the car when it was hit! Who's fault do they think it was? Grrr....

No comments: